The DIFC Truck & Services Tunnel is located in the Central area of DIFC Developments and is approximately 1.5 kilometers long with two levels starting from Al Murooj Rotana Hotel to Emirates Towers. The purpose of Tunnel is to allow one way passage of goods trucks from entry ramp side into the main spine at -8.0 m level to serve the adjacent high rise buildings through specified loading bays to minimize traffic congestion of the surrounding roads. The upper level (-1.6 m) of Tunnel consist of the services of Truck Tunnel. The proposed future retail developments shall be above the tunnel at +2.5 m. Bilt Middle East LLC, was appointed to undertake the complete MEP Services.
The following services were provided by Bilt Middle East LLC :-
- Truck Tunnel Ventilation System contains 4 Nos. Entry Portal Jet Fans, 7 Nos. Supply Fans and 24 Nos. Jet Fans throughout the Tunnel.
- Air Conditioning System consist of 8 Nos. Chilled Water Pumps, 104 Nos. Fan Coil Units, 84 Nos. DX Units and 34 Nos. Air Handling Units.
- Building Management System
- Electrical Distribution System with total connected load of 6 MW.
- 4 Nos. 1500 KVA Standby Diesel Generator.
- 2 Nos. 500 KVA & 2 Nos. 200 KVA UPS System.
- Earthing & Lightning Protection System.
- Fire Alarm & Voice Evacuation System.
- Linear Heat Detection System
- Central Battery System
- Lighting Control System
- Access Control System
- CCTV System contains 116 Nos. Cameras for Security purpose inside the Tunnel.
- Audio Intercom System
- Entry & Exit Road Blockers and Vehicular Barrier System.
- Fire Protection & Fire Suppression System
- Sewage System consists of 7 Nos. Pumping Station for Future retail area.
- Drainage System
- Irrigation Water Supply System
- Portable Water Supply System
Client : M/s. Dubai International Financial Centre
Consultant : M/s. Maunsell / AECOM